Whodonit? Who’s behind the gorgeous Inside-Chanel project.
In case you missed it, don’t worry you’re not too late. While it was launched last Autumn, and has been releasing a new film every other month, Chanel only just released the latest films on Inside-Chanel.
Chanel remains tight-lipped and is only saying it is an in-house project. No agency or director has been credited so far. Maybe we will need to wait for the next award show. Creative Review thinks it is the work of illustrator Lorenzo Petrantoni.
In the meantime, you can enjoy the inspiring story of Gabrielle ‘Coco’ Chanel and how she built a small shop into one of the most iconic fashion brand. So far it’s 9 chapters but more might follow:
From last Autumn:
1. The unique story of N°5 (incredible)
2. The mystery of Marilyn and N°5 (who can resist Marylin)
3. Chanel and The Diamond collection (interesting)
4. The iconic Chanel Jacket (although probably the least inspired film in this collection)
5. From Gabrielle Chanel to Coco (my favourite film)
6. From Coco to Mademoiselle (not as inspiring as the previous)
7. The legend of Gabrielle Chanel (the third “Once Upon a Time”, Chapter 5 is still the best)
8. The origins of Coco by Karl (turn on the caption)
9. The idea of Chanel by Karl (inspiring)
In the end, whether we find out who is behind this or not is completely irrelevant. The quality of the story telling, the pace, and the elegance all contribute to give an already iconic brand a fresher place in our hearts. Great work!
And just before I leave you, if you are a real fan, do not miss the 18 minute extravaganza starring Keira Knightley as Coco. Not for everyone…